Senior Technical Artist
Jan 2021 – Present, Vancouver,BC
LiViCi Live and Virtual Circus and some unannounced project ( Unreal Engine, virtual production, Multiplayer game, VR, cloud streaming )
- Developing interactive multiplayer experience with live performance feature live-streaming mo-cap, VR, LED wall (Unreal Blueprint, Oculus)
- Developing avatar customization, emote animation, locomotion system for multiplayer game (Unreal Blueprint)
- Working in virtual production and live-stage, solve live technical issue and address art direction in real-time
- Developing VFX with UE niagara, audio-driven vfx.
- Developing dynamic material blending with live-streaming video/audio
- Optimize performance to scale from high-end full raytracing to VR capable.
- Live-showing in SIGGRAPH 2021’s Real-Time Live and honored Audience Choice Award
Sep 2018 – Jan 2021, Vancouver,BC
Marvel Realm of Champions (still in development)
- Developing character art pipeline tools from Maya (python and QT) to Unity (C#)
- Houdini for Unity pioneer, explore integration and possibility for project needed. (VEX, HDA)
- Developing animation pipeline tools in Motion Builder (python).
- Developing workflow tool/solution for prebake simulation cloth system.
- In-game engine animation graph design/prototype and rigging support.
- Prototyping in-game feature and visual development .
- Art asset management/optimization/integration.
- Provide technical solution for vfx/animation/in-game feature.
- Supporting render/shading/lighting techniques and process.
- Solution provider and communicator between artists, engineers, production
- Support marketing team for creating one off scene with unity timeline and utilize game assets to for trailer.
Yellow Mouth App
Indie Mobile Game Developer
Jan 2015 – Present
- Cinematic (Unreal Engine) : sequencer, material/post processing blueprint, animation retargeting, Houdini Engine
- Degree Monster – Unity, iOS, Android
- Crazy Loop Racing – Unity, iOS, Android
- Pixdog – Unity, iOS, Android
- Twist Turbo – Unity, iOS, Android
- Cups and Cone – Unity, iOS, Android
- From concept to delivery. prototype, design, UI/UX, game art, game programming by Unity, C#, adobe suite, Maya
- Ideate, architect, and implement gameplay systems
- Fine-tune gameplay and controls based on app store/google play comment.
- Implement FireBase, GooglePlay, GameCenter, AdMobs API and in-app store.
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Character FX TD
Dec 2014 – Sep 2018, Vancouver, BC
- Spiderman – into spider verse (2018)
- Emoji ( 2017 )
- Smurf ( 2017 )
- Stork (2016)
- Hotel Transylvania 2 ( 2015 )
- Creates set-ups, models and animates assigned character external features such as hair, fur and cloth to meet art direction.
- Writing utility scripts and software code that streamlines the simulation development process.
- Simulation cloth development includes model build, dynamic setup, animation test, UI button creation, procedure rig.
- Groom development includes hair curve build, hair shader adjust, hair procedure Fx, dynamic setup.
Character FX Developer/Artist
– New York, USA
New York University
Master of Science (M.S) Digital Image and Design
– New York, USA
National Tsing Hua University
Bachelor of Science (BS), Engineering Science